KLF’s consulting department is headed by Me Nadia Kettani and is composed of bilingual and trilingual lawyers, admitted to the bars of Casablanca, Paris and New York in general. It assists both multinational and national companies, as well as Moroccan and foreign institutions (Africa, Europe, America, Middle East, and Asia), whether in the negotiation and the drafting of contracts, the negotiation of projects and the review of all documents until their completion in various areas, including:
- Securities Law :
The team manages complex issues relating to the stock market, or that could be encountered by public or private companies notably in the context of the privatization process. Recently, the consulting department intervened on behalf of foreign banks, local banks and large corporations in bond issuances in the United States and European financial markets.
- Banking and Finance : The department has a broad experience and expertise in all types of financing transactions. It provides legal advice on all types of financial products including loans, derivatives, bonds, project finance and market regulation. KLF was awarded “Best Banking and Finance Firm in Morocco” by Finance Monthly.
- Energy and Renewable Energy / Mining Law : KLF is present through this department in the energy sector alongside large companies involved in the search for gas and oil as well as in the licensing to exploit hydrocarbons.
- Project finance : It is also highly retained by lenders and sponsors in large-scale infrastructure projects, in the renewable energy sector (wind farm in Tarfaya, solar) as well as traditional sectors such as coal (Jorf Lasfar, Safi). It has advised export credit agencies, and lenders or bidders on many occasions in plants projects. The department also advises public entities throughout the bidding process of projects. KLF received the “Project Finance Deal of Year in Morocco” trophy in 2013 by Euromoney Plc.
- Real estate law : The department regularly assists major international operators as well as important local groups in the structuring and implementation of their real estate investments in the real estate and hospitality sectors. In the first case, its expertise extents to high-class real estate operations in big cities and tourist areas. In the second case, its expertise extends to the negotiation of hotel management contracts, the hotel leases and the financing of these projects.
- Aviation law : The department has developed a sharp expertise in the fields of acquisition, financing and leasing of aircrafts and the implementation of subsequent guarantees. Its experience also includes insurance law and conflict resolution in the field of aeronautics. KLF was awarded “Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Morocco” by ACQ Law Awards.
- Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions : The consulting department assists foreign and local investors in relation to their investments in Morocco, the implementation of companies, the drafting of all types of commercial contracts required by foreign companies in the investment process, including the drafting of contracts, negotiation and closing documents. The department participates in all operations related to the financial strategy of Moroccan and foreign companies, including the restructuring of groups (mergers / acquisitions and similar transactions, joint ventures), public tenders, listing on the stock exchange and other transactions. KLF was awarded “Corporate law firm of the Year” by Finance Monthly. KLF was awarded also « M&A Law Firm of the Year in Morocco » by ACQ Law Awards.
- Telecommunications Law : The department has a significant experience in negotiating and assisting clients in the telecommunications sector. It advises major operators in the telecommunications sector on their acquisition of Moroccan operators or for the acquisition of licenses. It also acted as advisor of banks for the refinancing of the international debt of telecommunications operators. Pharmaceutical law: It is one of KLF’s classical fields of competence. The consulting department daily advises and assists most of the pharmaceutical multinationals operating in Morocco.
- Intellectual Property and Competition:The department has an extensive experience in intellectual property and law suits against trademark counterfeiting, protection of patents, designs and copyright. The firm also advises on competition law. It has also a trademark and patent registration department.
- Cross Border Assistance: :
On the request of large national groups to develop their businesses in other continents, KLF assists its clients on their implementation abroad.
Moreover, as Morocco has become a hub in Africa, KLF also advises foreign companies on their implementation on the African continent.
KLF, as an international law firm, also advises multinationals companies, in their respective countries, on their projects with foreign companies particularly in the context of joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
KLF has a deep-rooted expertise in multiple fields which enables it to offer a transversal and efficient approach to each case’s specific issues. It is thus able to provide innovative legal advices and solutions.
Also appreciated for its availability and responsiveness, its knowledge of local specificities, combined with international expertise, it is able to understand the constraints faced by local or foreign investors.